We offer a large variety of children’s titles. In addition, children can come play and color in our newly remodeled children’s area.
We also have two Preschool Computers for our young patrons to learn and grow.
Events at Our Library
Throughout the year we offer fun programs and contests in which children and families can participate.
Summer Reading Program – Children preschool aged and above are welcome to join us for our Summer Reading Program. Click here to learn more: Summer Reading Program. Each summer we plan a fun-filled 8 week program. Children have the opportunity to create at our craft events, learn from our guest presenters, and earn great prizes to reward their time reading!
Story Time – Join us at 10:30 on Wednesday mornings for Preschool Story Time.
Gingerbread House Contest – Each winter we host a Gingerbread House Contest. Be sure to follow our blog to find out when it’s announced each year.
Holiday Coloring Contest – At the beginning of December, we release our Holiday Coloring Contest page. Be sure to check back then to get your copy!
Read 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten. Does it sound hard? Not really if you think about it. If you read just 1 book a night, you will have read about 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years. If you consider that most children start kindergarten at around 5 years of age, you have more time than you think (so get started).
The key is perseverance. Make it exciting. When your child reaches a milestone, give him/her a small reward (stickers, backpacks, books). Most local programs already have a reward system built into place. If a program is not available where you live, join our program today. Most of all be creative!
Source: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program
Visit the Read 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Page to learn more!
Award Winning Books
Educational Links & Resources
- 50states.com (States and Capitals)
- Whether you are writing a report or planning a trip, this guide to the 50 US states is a great resource. Provides pictures of state symbols, statistical information and links to many other related sights.
- Arthur Site
- Fans of Marc Brown’s favorite aardvark will enjoy this site!
- Children’s Music Web
- If you can’t remember the words to a favorite song or want to learn a new one, be sure to check this one out.
- Ed Emberly
- Books, Drawing and Activities for Kids
- If you’re a Nick watcher, checkout this site for some of your favorites!
- PBS Kids
- Website with games and more focused on PBS programming for children.
- Scholastic Kids
- Homework Center
- Take a look at this homework site and you will find an astounding amount of links organized by subject, tips on how to evaluate Web sites and how to use search engines.
- The Homework Spot
- HomeworkSpot.com is a free homework information Web site that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites for the best resources for English, math, science, history, art, music, technology, foreign language, college prep, health, life skills, extracurricular activities and much more.
- KidsSpace @ The Internet Public Library
- Find many resources for homework and fun. They also have a TeenSpace.