Thursdays on the WSPL blog are reserved for all things bookish. A place where we can celebrate our love of books together! Don’t forget to check out our blog on Mondays to see WSPL list of new books hitting our shelves that week!
Freeform recently started streaming the movie Matilda (adapted from Roald Dahl’s classic book) and created a funny gif. collection about struggles that only book lovers will understand. Keep scrolling to check it out or to read the original post click HERE.
12 Struggles Only Book Lovers Will Understand
Don’t people know that a book is basically a “do not disturb” sign?
Book lovers rejoice because Matilda is available to stream here on Freeform! Is there a better film out there for book lovers? We don’t think so. Check out our list of everyday struggles fans of reading understand then sit back, relax, and watch Miss Trunchbull rue the day she called Matilda a “piss-worm”.
1. When people would rather just watch TV because reading is “boring”.
Have they even tried reading?
2. When you go on vacation and don’t have enough baggage allowance for all your books.
A book per day > an outfit per day.
3. When you need to eat but you can’t put your book down.
A constant battle.
4. When your favorite character dies and you feel like you’ve lost a part of yourself.
And on top of that you’re stressed about your tears ruining your book.
5. When your book’s really funny and people keep giving you odd looks.
Although most of the time you don’t even notice.
6. When you’re interrupted while reading.
7. When you’ve found your favorite author and no one else will live up to them.
8. When someone tells you they normally just skip ahead to the end of a book.
9. What it feels like when you lend a book to someone:
10. When you see the movie adaptation of your favorite book.
How could they get everything so wrong?
11. When someone spoils the end of the book you’re reading.
12. And when someone asks you what you like to read.–from freeform.com